Health Defenders Call for Submission
Following the massive impression of COVID-19 on human life, we are willing to invite filmmakers who made movies on this issue with the focus on the reflections of the glories of the people, especially doctors, nurses, and the officials and their challenges against the Pandemic Corona Virus to take part in the Health defenders film festival.
This event will be held as a special section of the 16th Resistance International Film Festival.
Awards & Prizes
Festival Trophy, Honorary diploma and Cash Prize for the Best Documentary Film
Festival Trophy, Honorary diploma and Cash Prize for the Best Short Film
Festival Trophy, Honorary diploma and Cash Prize for the Best Music Video
Festival Trophy, Honorary diploma and Cash Prize for the Best Feature-length Film Script
Festival Trophy, Honorary diploma and Cash Prize for the Best Short-length Film Script
Rules and Regulations
- This event will be held as a special section of the 16th Resistance International Film Festival.
- The films must be new or have been completed after January 2018.
- All the national and international filmmakers can submit their works to the festival.
- The entries must not have logos and/or watermarks.
- All non-English submissions must have English subtitles. It is recommended that entrants send the subtitle files separately.
- Submitting films is free of charge.
- The high-quality full version of the films must be sent to the festival office via the internet (a download link)
- After the delivery to the festival office, based on the schedule, the submitted works will be evaluated in two stages by the selection committee and by the jury.
- The entries must be produced and/or directed by the submitting filmmaker(s) or responsible party with ownership rights. The entrant is considered as the party with ownership rights
- Submission is available through moqavematfilmfest.ir and Filmfreeway platform.
- Each entry must be accompanied by the following:
Director's photo, posters and official pictures of the film, the film dialogues and synopsis along with the director's biography in order to be published on the festival website and in the festival booklet.
- Filmmakers or responsible parties whose films are selected will be invited to attend the festival according to the festival regulations. And those whose films are not selected are welcome to attend the festival and take part in the workshops and panel sessions free of charge. The festival office will facilitate their visa process and will pay 30% of the accommodation fees.
- If there are more than one scriptwriter, producer or director for one film, only one award could be given to the winner.
- There is no limitation in the number of the submitted works.
- All the competition entries will receive “Participation Certificate” and all the selected works will receive “Selection Certificate”.
- The submitted films will not be returned and they will be kept in the festival film bank for educational and research purposes.
- The festival office is allowed to use up to 5 minutes of the footage of the submitted films on websites or the national TV for promotional purposes.
- Films made in/from Israel are not eligible to enter.
- The festival office will decide on any unpredicted issues.
Call for Entries: May 26th, 2020
Film Submission Deadline: August 20th, 2020 (Health Defenders)
Film Selection Notification: September 19th, 2020
Festival Dates: September 21st – 27th, 2020 (Health Defenders & National section)
Address: No. 16, 4th Floor, 8th St., Ahmad Ghasir Ave.
Tel: +98 21 88741420