The 13th RIFF
Runtime: September 21st – September 26th, 2014
Secretary of the Festival: Mohammad Khazaei
Place: Tehran (Palestine, New Age, Azadi, Mellat Pardis Cinema)
To be held in: Iran (418 cities), Russia, India, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Syria and Palestine at the same time.
The jury members:
Feature Films: Behrouz Esbati, Mohammad Bozorg Nia, Mohammad Hossein Haghighi, Mohammadreza Sharaf-al Din, Parviz Sheikh Taadi, Yadollah Samadi and Seyyed Nasser Hashem Zade
Video Movies: Javad Ardakani, Pouran Derakhshande, Jalil Saman, Rouhollah Sohrabi, Jalil Erfan Mnaesh, Mohammad Gabrlou and Masoud Naghash Zade
Short Films: Mohammad Ali Bashe Ahangar, Abolfazl Jalili, Aziz-ollah Hamid Nejad, Mojtaba Raee and Ahmad Morad Pour
Documentaries: Habib Ahmad Zade, Vahid Jalili, Khosro Sinaei, Ibrahim Fayyaz and Bijan Nobave Vatan
The Insight Section: Ali Asghar Jafari, Mahdi Azimi Mir Abadi, Hossein Ghanadian, Seyyed Ahmad Mir A’alaei and Vahid Yamin Pour
Light Withers- Short films and Documentary: Seyyed Masoud Atyabi, Hassan Amjadi Moghadam, Abbas Rafeie, Naghi Nemati and Habib-ollah Valinejad
Light Withers- Animation and video clip: Hamid Bahmani, Fazl-ollah Shariat Panahi, Bahram Azimi, Ali Nouri Oskouie and Mohammad Hossein Niroumand
Light Withers- Film script: Seyyed Farhad Hosseini, Mahdi Sajjade Chi, Ensie Shah Hosseini, Ali Akbar Ghazi Nezam and Seyyed Nasser Hashem Zade
Feature Film (International): Mofid Alhagh, Golbara Tolomushov, Anis Lasud, Mohammad Davoudi and Majid Majidi
Documentary (International): Abdollah Albani, Shazia Khan, Javad Ramezan Nejad Jolodar, Ali Zaher and Nader Taleb Zade
Takfiri Section: Bahman Kargar, Seyyed Mohammad Hosseini, Majid Rajai Memar, Shahab Moradi and Mohammad Reza Masoum Zadegan
Imad Moqnieh (International): Mohammad Hossein Jafarian, Jamal Shourjeh, Mahdi Faraji, Mohammad Hossein Latifi and Ahmad Reza Motamedi
The best film: ‘CH’ produced by Farabi Cinematic Foundation
The best director: Ibrahim Hatami Kia for ‘CH’
Honorary Commendation: Narges Abyar for ‘Crack 143’ and Ehsan Abdi Pour for ‘All Alone’
The best film script: Narges Abyar for ‘Crack 143’
Honorary Commendation: Ensie Shah Hosseini for ‘More Beautiful than Life’
The best special effects: Seyyed Hadi Islami for ‘CH’
The best actress: Merila Zareie for ‘Crack 143’
The best actor: Babak Hamidian for ‘CH’
Honorary Commendation: Meysam Farahmand for ‘All Alone’
Special Award for the Jury members: Parviz Parastouie for being constantly active in the Sacred Defense Cinema
The best film: ‘From Inside the Mirror’ directed by Seif-ollah Yazdani
Honorary Commendation of the second winner: ‘6 O’clock’ directed by Roghiye Tavakoli
Honorary Commendation of the third winner: ‘Hannane’ directed by Dariush Ghazani
The best film: ‘Look at the Board Back’ directed by Mohsen Barmahani
Honorary Commendation of the second winner: ‘Clouds are Coming’ directed by Mohammd Ali Farsi
Honorary Commendation of the third winner: ‘Memories for All Seasons’ directed by Mostafa Razzaq Karimi
Special Award for the Jury members: Habib-ollah Vali Nezhad the producer of ‘Last Days of Winter’ Series
The best short film- Honorary Commendation: Amir Abbas Rabiee for ‘Meeting’
Honorary Commendation: Abolfazl Golfam for ‘Soldier and the Magician’
Certificate of Appreciation: Abbas Omrani Bidi for ‘Parking Lot’
The best documentary: Mohsen Sohani for ‘Shadows of the Crowded Town’
Honorary Commendation: Rouh-ollah Akbari for ‘Emilia’ Documentary
Honorary Commendation: Alireza Norouzi for ‘The Man was Standing’ Documentary
Certificate of Appreciation: Davoud Jalili and Salman Abou Talebi for ‘Hollywood’ Documentary
The best animation movie: Vahid Shakeri for ‘Dandelions Dance’ animation
Honorary Commendation: Mahdi Shad for ‘Uncle Sam’s Stories’ animation
Honorary Commendation: Alireza Taheri for ‘Awakening Island’ animation
Certificate of Appreciation: Mohammad Javad Babaee for ‘the Stone-seller Girl’ animation
The best video clip: Elaheh Gol Mohammadi for ‘Endless’ video clip
Honorary Commendation: Arash Rafiee for ‘Geranium’ video clip
Honorary Commendation: Mahdi Naghavian for ‘Father Bled’ video clip
The best short film script: Mahdi Ghavidel for writing ‘Fish get wet too’ script
Honorary Commendation: Shohre Shafeie for writing ‘the Soldier’ script
Honorary Commendation: Ghodrat Bagheri for writing ‘A Foot for the Butterfly’ script
The Insight section
The best film: ‘the Sunshade’ directed by Masoud Takavar
The best director: Mehrdad Khoshbakht for ‘the Silent Mind’
The best film script: Seyyed Rouh-ollah Hejazi for ‘Green as Emerald’ script
Special Award for the Jury members: Alireza Kamali for acting in ‘the Silent Mind’
Special certificate of appreciation for the Jury members: Mahmoud Pak Niyat for being active in the Revolution and Sacred Defense Cinema.
Certificate of Appreciation: Mohammad Mofidi Kia for ‘Stain’
The best documentary: ‘Which Deviation?’ Reza Sadeghi
The best film: ‘Mandela’s Long Way to Freedom’ directed by Justin Chadwick
The best director: Pablo Larine for ‘No’
The best film script: Narges Abyar for ‘Crack 143’
Special Award for the Jury members: Ibrahim Hatami Kia for ‘Ch’
First Winner: ‘5 Broken Cameras’ directed by Emad Bernat
Second Winner: ‘the Insider’ directed by Khaled Jarar
Third Winner: ‘Look at the Board Back’ directed by Mohsen Barmahani and ‘Memories for Seasons’ directed by Mostafa Razzagh Karimi
- 259 works of art in 15 different sections participated in this Festival.
- Crimes of Takfiri groups and ISIS (Daesh), along with Salafism resulted in the addition of the special section of Takfiri in the Festival which all the works of participants were awarded the Resistance Festival Award.
- Numerous books were published in this Festival among which Hollywood Operations regarding Pentagon Interferes in Hollywood, Resistance Cinema Scientific Conference Articles, the Sacred Defense Cinema a look from outside, a Fake Crisis, Zionism the scapegoat, Israel’s Lobbyism power in Italy, Zionism power in the U.S., America the new Jerusalem, the Fifth Column of Zionism in the White House and Abolghasem Talebi’s writings can be mentioned.
- Ali Ghansou, the well-known Lebanese documentarian and filmmaker was also present among the guests of this Festival.
- International filmmakers, namely Maria Pumier, Rafael Lara, Akram Advani and Diana Kamal-al Din attended a meeting during this Festival.
- ‘King of Sands’ directed by Najdat Anzor, the Syrian filmmaker about How Abd-al Aziz Ben Saud came to power after forming a coalition with Wahabis which was well-received in Iran and Foreign countries.
- Criticizing the second part of the ‘300’ movie presented by Nader Taleb Zade, ‘Legion’ presented by Hassan Abbasi, ‘Iranium’ presented by Foad Izadi and ‘Tayyeb’ presented by Saeid Mostaghasi were continued in the ‘Iran-phobia’ and ‘Islam-phobia’ sections of the Festival, followed by screening the above-mentioned films.
- Martyrs’ families were welcomed in the Festival, passing the Red Carpet and a member of each family was present on the scene while the Festival Award was presented at the closing ceremony. For the first time in all the Festivals, these families selected their favorite films among the cinematic art works as well.
- 9 films were screened with the theme of Gaza under the name of ‘Gaza’ city.
- Bashar al-Assad, the President of Syria, sent a message to the Festival for the first time that was read in the opening ceremony by the Cultural Advisor of Syria Embassy.